Hi guys, welcome back to Ask MHS and in this tutorial I'll show you about my experience on hackintoshing a CustomMac with Gigabyte H-170 Gaming 3 motherboard and using macOS Sierra 10.12.1 build 16B2555. Alright, below I'll write about the full specification about this CustomMac so it will make easier to you if you wanna build a CustomMac for hackintosh.
- Motherboard : Gigabyte H-170 Gaming 3
- Processors : 3.3 GHz Intel Core i5 6600 Skylake (6th generation)
- VGA : MSI Gaming Nvidia GTX 960 2 GB DDR5
- RAM : 8 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance LPX
- PSU : Corsair CX 550M
- Cooling : Corsair H60 Liquid Water
- Wireless Adapter : USB Nano Wireless Adapter TP-Link TL-WN725N
- Monitor : LG 20M38H-B
- Audio (Onboard) : Realtek ALC 1150
- Casing : Bitfenix Neos Window
- HDD : 1 TB Seagate Barracuda
- Ethernet : Atheros Killer E2201
- Creating USB Installer
To create macOS Sierra USB installer, there are some things you need:
1. 16 GB USB Flash Drive or more formatted in Mac OS Extended Journaled and GUID Partition Table
2. macOS Sierra 10.12.1 Installer (you can download it here)
Now open your Terminal and follow this instruction to create macOS Sierra USB installer.
- Booting into USB installer
After you have finished creating the macOS Sierra USB installer with Clover Bootloader, now restart your PC and boot into your USB installer in UEFI mode. Then select the option named OS X Base System and hit Enter and wait until the macOS Sierra installation wizard is showing up.
Here are the steps on installing section after the installation wizard is showing up:
- Choose your preferred language and click next
- Go to Utilities >> Disk Utility on menu bar
- After the Disk Utility is showing up, select your Storage (HDD / SSD)
- Click "Erase" button then fill the name field. Make sure you select Mac OS Extended Journaled for the File System and GUID Partition Table for the Partition Scheme
- Click Erase / Apply / Ok button and wait until the processes are finished then quit the disk utility
- Now continue the installation and select your prepared HDD/SSD and click Install
- Wait about 16-17 minutes and restart your PC after installation has finished.
- Installing Clover Bootloader
In this case I use Clover EFI v2.3 r3923 that can be downloaded here and thenfollow the following steps to install bootloader:
- Open the downloaded Clover EFI v2.3 r3923 installer
- Click continue
- Click Continue again
- Click on Change Install Location and make sure that you've selected the installed macOS Sierra and then click Continue
- Now click on Customize
- Choose the item will be installed like the followin picture
- Then click Install >> Type your password >> Ok
- Quit the installer while it has finished.
- Download this kexts and place it into EFI/CLOVER/kexts/10.12
- Adjust Clover Bootloader Configuration
To adjust Clover bootloader configuration, you need to download Clover Configurator (download here). If you have downloaded it, just go to your EFI partition (run diskutil mount /dev/disk0s1 if your EFI partition have not showed up yet) and go to EFI/CLOVER. Now right click on config.plist file and Open with Clover Configurator.
After the Clover Configurator is showed up, now follow the following pictures to adjust the clover configuration:
Alright, now we've finished adjust the Clover configuration and then go to File >> Save then quit your Clover Configurator.
- Activate MSI Gaming NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960 2 GB
There are two different build version in macOS Sierra 10.12.1 and obvously there are 2 different NVIDIA web-driver for each macOS Sierra 10.12.1 build version. You can see the build version by open System Information (/Applications/Utilities/System Information).
You can find the macOS Sierra build version on the Software list menu. Or just run system_profiler SPSoftwareDataType in your Terminal.
For the macOS Sierra 10.12.1 :
- macOS Sierra 10.12.1 Build 16B2555 use this NVIDIA 3220.127.116.11f01 Web Driver
- macOS Sierra 10.12.1 Build 16B2657 use this NVIDIA 318.104.22.168f03 Web Driver
After the web driver is downloaded, just install it then restart your PC.
- Enabling Ethernet Card
This one is very easy to enable the Atheros Killer E2201 in macOS. Just download the following file then extract the downloaded file and paste the kext file into EFI/CLOVER/kexts/10.12 folder.
- Enabling Realtek ALC1150 Onboard Sound card
It's very easy to enable this onboard sound card. In this case I use VoodooHDA 2.8.8 that can be downloaded here. Just download the file then install and reboot your PC. Don't forget to enable Fix HPET and Add DTGP on your Clover configuration.
- Installing TP-Link TL-W725N Nano USB Wireless Adapter
You need to download the following driver to make TP-Link TL-W725N Nano USB Wireless Adapter can be use in macOS Sierra. Just download the kext and install it then reboot your PC.
- Installing Apple Chime
Download this Apple Chime installer by Carillon then install it. After install it just restart your PC.
Alright, we've done Hackintoshing CustomMac Gigabyte H-170 Gaming 3 macOS Sierra. Now you can use it for your daily work or anythings you want. Thank you very much for visit my blog, if you have any question just leave some comment below and I'll reply it soon.